Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BREATHE

Sorry, one last post today.   The title of this post is significant.

For some time now, I have drawn some motivation on road runs from an event that happened over 13 years ago.  For the most part, I have kept this to myself.  Simply using it to focus and drive me when needed.

This journey I have decided to take has given me a reason to now express this in a new way.

In February of 1997, a good friend of mine, Scott Spencer, died of a rare lung aliment.  Devastating to many of us near him, the grieving and healing took quite a while.

His life loving personality and ability to make you want to be around him, was captivating.  Maybe this is the source of my desire to carry this out.

I have decided to dedicate this race to Scott, or as we knew him, Spanky or Fathead.

I have visualized his last moments of life many times.  His struggle to simply...BREATHE.

So, every time I turn my head in the water, every time I draw in from the breezes on the bike, every time I fill my lungs as my feet pound the ground, I will BREATHE.  Because he couldn't.

Thanks for the life you lived and the inspiration you are now giving me.

The Lake.  The Road.  The Path.
Three fights, One Victory!  BREATHE!

1 comment:

  1. Okay that made me cry! I'll be cheering ya on in the background.

    ReplyDelete