Sunday, December 12, 2010

FOOD FIGHT

Over the last four or five weeks I have attempted to modify my diet..significantly. I have never eaten poorly, but I knew that this goal would require a food fight.  Here are the foods I have fought so far. Gone are the late night bowls of cereal.  The calories aren't horrible but the sugar, sheesh.  Sorry R7 Nutrition Services, school lunches, gone.  And now the toughest food fight there is.  Bye bye buffets.  Overeating, not eating the wrong food has been my crisis.

Now the foods that are winning.  I've added Greek yogurt.  Add a little Splenda and you have an awesome protein source.  FRUIT, FRUIT, FRUIT.  At least that many servings a day.  I'm taking out the protein bar for lunch (glorified candy bar) and now trying a salad or sandwich with lean meat.  Thanks California Johnny.  Dinner is still a work in progress.

Finally, pop, even diet soda had to lose this food fight.  Cold turkey after averaging three 44 oz Diet Mountain Dew's a day (seriously), was horrible.  Headaches, cravings, ibuprofen.  Done.  Water wins.

For anyone wanting to take on one of these food fights and win.  Take one bad away, add a good.  Endure for three weeks.  Three weeks makes a habit.  You will learn to like it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment