Saturday, March 26, 2011

Little David

It is with a heavy heart that I have delayed but now must make this post. I have mentioned in this blog that a friend of mine was building me a bike.  Sadly,  David Marshall Walker, Owner and Operator of Centruy Bikes passed away on March 10, 2011.  He lived a challenged yet full life dedicated to committing all out to every adventure he pursued.  Getting Century Bikes off and running was his passion. And what a passion it was.  He had just finished building a bike that I was to use as a promotional tool for Century Bikes in my race.  The family, some of the best friends a man could have, made the decision that the bike should be mine.  WHAT AN AMAZING HONOR!!  This bike is simply phenomenal.  Remarkably lightweight, aerodynamic and just BAD.  As I learn more about it and "get to know it", I am seeing more and more that it represents the Christian man that built it.  Solid.  Quiet.  Durable.  Complete.

As I rode last week I looked down at that Century Bike logo and thought of the only appropriate tribute to a bike that has taken on the much too short life of its designer. Inscribed on that crossbar will be the new name of my bike, "Little David".

Another powerful dedication for me to pursue

The Lake.  The Road.  The Path.
Three fights, One Victory!  BREATHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment